Welcome to the Skills Register for biohackers. This resource is made up of volunteers who are willing to assist others and have expertise in fields. This is a crucial component if you were interested in building a team for a project. Please copy the formatting and fill it in to add your information. If you would like to have the information added, please make an account on the Biohack.me forum
If your account has not been visited in 3 months or more you will be removed from this register.
Required formatting for entries.
Slack/Forum Username(Please Specify Which):
- Please list your specialty/strongest skills as the first item in your summary and make it bold
- While a slack account is not required, a form of contact should be listed to make it easier for a newcomer to ask you for help in your area of expertise.
Forum and Slack Username: Moonman0922
Location: Rochester, NY
- Basic Chemistry, can follow most procedures
- First Aid
- Wilderness Survival
- Steady with a Needle and Scalpel
- Good understanding of medicine and pharmacology
- Basic Electronics
- Tool Use
- Currently pursuing EE degree
- Always willing to learn. If you need a hand with an implant in the northeast, I am more than willing to help.
Slack/forum Username: Meanderpaul(both slack and biohack.me)
Location: Sagamore, Ma USA
- HTML5 and CSS
- BS wildlife law (wildlife care, law, Basic Biology)
- RFID chip right hand
Forum Username: Satur9
- PCB Design
- Microcontroller Coding
Just hackin' away over here.
Forum/Slack Username: Cobra_kid
- concept design
- metal work
- wood work
- project management
- chemistry(mostly basics with some knowledge into certain areas)
- physics(same as chemistry)
- minor surgery
- lab write ups/procedures
Education/certification: In school for RN
Slack/Forum Username: DocMorbid
- embalming and restorative art/demisurgery.
- Gross Anatomy
- Surgical skill
- Circuit Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Programming: C, C++, and ASM mostly.
- Basic Genetic Manipulation
- Tissue Culture and Plant Micropropagation
- Really Basic Tissue Engineering
Education: Mortuary Science
Slack/Forum Username: FrankMatheson
Location: College student/part time worker living in San Diego, CA.
- FEMA Emergency Management
- Kill The Book - eBook website.
- SD Underground - Skating website.
- Coalition Against Copyright Harassment - What it sounds like.
- Storybook Template - Incomplete.
- US Gov Poll - A poll for college.
- Video Streaming - Pornsite template (sfw).
Experience & skills:
- Skeletal muscle remodelling, Bodybuilding & Performance Enhancement Drugs
Vascular biology, Angiogenesis, Ischemia & Hypoxia, ROS manipulation
Training (E.G. resistance, weight, cardio, interval, etc )
- Electric Stimulation of tissues
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- IT Experience
- Machine learning ( evolutionary programming, SVM, optimization )
- Natural Language Processing & Text mining
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Employment: The studio I work out of is Flesh Impressions Body Piercing Studio
Active skill set:
- Body Piercing
- Magnetic Implant insertion
- Hygiene Infection and Control
- First Aid
- Outbreak of Infectious Disease (Control & Bio-terrorism)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Practical Ethics
Slack/Forum Username: Lucas_Dimovio
- Some experience in bacterial genetics
- Some experience in Chemistry labs ( First year college stuff)
- Ability to reach a large group of people (via University)
- Access to academic information (power-points, mainly) on biology (which may expand to include more subjects)
- Access to college educated individuals willing to contribute
In the process of learning
- Human genetics
- Mat Lab programing
- Integral and Vector calculus, differential equations
- Mechanical Engineering
Slack/Forum Username: mezquite
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Upper Level Maths
Slack/Forum Username: NeoSapiensSurgery
- plastic surgeon
Detailed knowledge of human anatomy and surgical procedures
Active researcher into surgery of the peripheral nervous system
- 1 year of laboratory research into viral vectors (lentiviral vectors) for genetic modification, during medical school.
Slack/Forum Username: Simplex
Location: Southampton, UK
- Variety of practical lab experience, private & public sector
- Genetics & analytical
- Minor surgical skills
- Fine motor skills
- Rudimentary electronics knowledge
- BsC Forensic Science
- 1/2 PhD in Human Genetics
- Visible Light Microscopy cert.
- First Aid trained
- Currently a trainee Teacher.
Slack/forum Username: Lex
- Fairly extensive anatomical knowledge.
- graphic design
- skills in the Adobe suite and many autodesk programs.
Slack/Forum Username: dvorAk
- embedded systems
- alcohol(mainly whisky)
- Engineering/CS Related
Slack/forum Username: Azriel89
- C++ Spin (proprietary Parallax inc. propeller language), Assembly
S*ome Circuit design
- HTML and CSS
- Access to extensive collection of materials on most scientific topics (pdfs mostly)
- Extensive Windows and Linux knowhow
- Other varied tidbits of things i have picked up along the way.
Slack/Forum Username: bciuser
Location: Irvine, CA
- Biological Sciences Major at UC Irvine
- Working in a Brain-Computer Interface Lab
Plans on earning a Ph.D. in neural engineering/ biomedical engineering to work towards developing neural augmentation devices for cognitively impaired and normal people.
- Basic Programming in C/C++
- Microcontroller programming
- Circuit design
- Spatially Distributed FES System
Benbeezy I have 4 years of 3D printing to offer. And 3D modeling. I'm a programmer as a career, and can also help with any code anyone needs.
Slack/forum username: BirdMachine
- html & css (plus less)
- Some basic ruby
- Lower level python (but it's on my radar to expand on next)
- Low level C++ (Taking a class for it right now, actually)
- Passing Java Knowledge
- Linux (Both as a personal system and server/LAMP stack)
- Android rooting / customizing
- PC hardware (Building and repairing)
- A bit of network security
- Lockpicking (though rusty)
- Performing arts / Circus (Currently training in aerial silks and flexibility conditioning, learning a lot about the body on the way!)
Slack/Forum Username: cerasi
- basic electronics
- arduinos and sensors
- basic programming, in C, Java, Python, and Processing
- some physics
- mechanical engineering
- experience teaching / explaining things well
Education/Certification: Electrical Engineering
Slack/Forum Username: drjaaz
- graphic design
- 3d modeling
- suturing and am learning basic surgery
- mycological practice and aseptic technique
- skeletal rearticulation and basic taxidermy
- some electrical engineering and programing
- practiced chemist (did a bunch of work with explosives and some odd chemistry)
- nuclear physics (fusion and particle accelerators mainly)
- knowledge and experience designing and building high vacuum setups
- nanoparticle fabrication
- currently studying genetics in school (undergrad)(and self taught synthetic genetics) (little bit of work designing vectors)
work with artificial muscles.
- plant biology
Slack/Forum Username: MattGuy
Location: Seattle, WA area
- Programming(various languages)
- Hardware prototyping(NOT board design unfortunately)
- Some biochemistry experience/genetics
- BS in Electronics Engineering
Slack/Forum Username: Pax
- electronic security
- x-ray equipment
- airport electronic systems
Slack/Forum Username: purplep
- learning AI, will be learning networking soon
- physics and chemistry to understand simpler things
Slack/Forum Username: RandomCharacter
- Undergrad Physics
- Undergrad Math
- Some Chemical Engineering
Education/Certification: BS Engineering & Physics
Slack/forum Username: TimmyCNinja
- C and C++
- Web Development, a smattering of other languages
- technical documentation
- networking and infrastructure
- project management
- android developement.
Location: College Student, Residing in Florida.
- General Chemistry and Physics: Up to College level in Chemistry.
- Intermediate level electronics
- Lab Work: How to properly apply the scientific method and record ones findings, as taught in General Chemistry.
- Programming: Java, Lua, C++, and Algorithm Composition
Very Basic skills
- Surgery: as taught by various army field manuals and Cassox.
- Lasers: I've dabbled with lasers for different things.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Lock Picking
- Rocket Science
Degree Fields (Current Plan)
- Software Engineering (Masters or PhD)
- Minor undetermined
- electrical engineering (pretty much complete lab at home)
- software engineering (c on embedded systems and python on desktops)
- mechanical engineering (no real workshop but good theoretical knowledge including dynamic systems)
Slack/Forum Username: Satur9
- PCB design
- Circuit design
- Rapid prototyping
- Microcontroller coding
- Body language
- Future plans
- Become a polyglot
- Microprocessor programming and implementation
- Advanced metalworking
Slack/Forum Username: DirectorX
I'm an entrepreneur. I've owned/been involved in a wide variety of businesses internationally. I have a good grasp on the business end of everything. I'm not afraid to jump into new things and I'm never afraid or too embarrassed to ask questions. Here is where I can help: Knowledge:
- International business/finance.
- Basic knowledge of business law.
- Int'l corporate expansions. I'll set up a fully staffed office anywhere in the world for you.
- Extensive real estate experience, especially deal syndication/repositioning.
- Stock market
- Oil/gas exploration.
- Mind control..
Slack/Forum Username: Ghost02236
Experience, skills and other helpful stuff:
- tattoo artist
- stone-masonry (grave stones)
- language skills (English, German, Czech, Slovak, Polish)
- access to medical supplies and equipment
Note: Is a tattoo artist with a studio
Slack/Forum Username: Oak
- Some graphic design
- Some chemistry (one year undergrad general chem, still studying)
- Some pharmacology (esp. psycho-pharmacology, particularly good at researching/interpreting info)
- Music composition (if we ever make videos and want original music or something, I dunno - both traditional and electronic music, esp. ambient/drone/etc.)
I list writing/editing first because that's probably where I'm most useful here. I know English grammar very well, and I'm good at learning and adhering to various formatting standards. I can also do transcription work (typing speed 100WPM, 99% accuracy) if that ever needs to be done.
Slack/Forum Username: odei
- Graphic design
- mainly Photoshop (haven't used it for a couple of years though)
- Web design (HTML, CSS, some PHP, not made anything in a couple of years, again)
- Writing (Copy, scripts, creative writing, reviews, essays, pleas for money)
- Working knowledge of computer hardware/software (building PCs, getting Linux to work on them, fixing everything).
- Currently studying social science, maths, business, moving on to human physiology and biological psychology in my second year.
Slack/forum Username: gin
Location: Miami FL
- hardware prototyping
- solar energy
- optical communication
- Amateur radio operator
- biomedical engineer
Slack/Forum Username: Ekat
Location: Varies, currently in Australia
Wanting to learn:
- some web work
- Not much. I can only have ideas and dreams.
Slack/Forum Username: Ninjah
Location: Ogden, Utah
Contact: [email protected]
- Bodily kinesthetics
- tactical awareness
- CQC, hypnotherapy
- extensive persuasion
- precision driving(2 & 4 wheels)
- lock picking
- engine construction
- psychological warfare
- energy generation(solar & manual)
- outdoor & urban survival
- weapons training.
- Professional sales
- Degree in Physics and Anthropology
- large professional network.